Description: In this session Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA introduces one of Excel’s most powerful features. David will get you started with macros in Excel, which are a means of automating repetitive tasks. Part 1 of this series focuses primarily on the risks, opportunities, and nuances of Excel’s Macro Recorder. You can use this feature to automate simple repetitive tasks. This session gives you some foundational experience with macros in Excel, which you can build upon in Part 2 of this series. David teaches from Excel 2010 in this presentation but every aspect of the material applies equally to Excel 2007, 2013, and 2016.
Topics typically covered:
• Decipher and manage Excel’s macro security prompts.
• Discover how to use Excel’s Personal Macro Workbook.
• Learn the risks and frustrations of using merged cells in Excel worksheets.
• Learn what a macro is in Excel, along with the risks and benefits.
• See how to use Excel’s Macro Recorder to create simple macros without any programming knowledge required.
• Use the Text to Columns feature to eliminate unwanted text without retyping, or to separate text into separate columns.
Delivery Method: Online QAS Self Study.
Version: David teaches from Excel 2010 in this presentation but every aspect of the material applies equally to Excel 2007, 2013, and 2016.
Prerequisites: A familiarity with Excel.
Advanced Preparation: None