This course is designed to meet the 2 hour CR&R requirement of the Colorado State Board of Accountancy. The course overviews Colorado’s Accountants Practice Act and examines in depth CCR 705-1 : RULES OF THE STATE BOARD OF ACCOUNTANCY. It also covers Colorado State Board of Accountants Policies updates. Table of Contents
- Overview of Regulatory Requirements
- Review of Colorado Revised Statutes pertaining to accountancy, Board of Accountancy Rules, and Policies.
- Any Legislative changes affecting the accounting profession, as applicable.
- State Board of Accountancy and website overview
- Organization and duties of the Board
- Certified Public Accountant Designation
- Proper use – Holding Out
- Types of Certificates
- Status and maintenance of Certificates
- Licensure – Examination and certification
- Continuing professional education
- Mobility/Practice Privilege and Reciprocity
- Peer Review
- Professional Conduct
- Unlawful Acts
- Accountant/Client Privilege
- Grounds for disciplinary Action
- Client Records
- Firms, Firm Registration and Firm Names
Delivery Method: Online QAS Self Study.
Advanced Preparation: None